Saturday 29 June 2013

Dear Diana. (FINAL EPISODE)


I wept.
I wept.
And I wept again.
I was never going to forgive myself and if I did, it was going to be the hardest thing ever. Diana died without me conveying my feelings. Diana died without me apologizing for everything that went wrong. Diana died without becoming my friend. I was extremely hurt.
That night I sat on my bed pondering on all that had happened as tears ran down my face gently. “Diana was gone” were the words that kept ringing in my head. Not long after, I was about to drift into a painful sleep when I heard some-one crying with excruciating pain from the back of my window. I got down from my bed, picked up my torch-light and walked up to where the sound was coming from.

After putting on my torch to discover who it was, I was shocked at what I saw. Don’t be scared, it wasn’t the ghost of Diana. It was Emeka, he cried even louder when he saw me. His eyes were red, his face was swollen and he had a white piece of paper in his hands. Before I could even say anything, he spoke gently but in tears “I’m sorry Bryan, I’m sorry for everything I did to Diana, I’m sorry for lying to you about her,”
“Lie! What are you talking about” I responded in grief and shock. He then began to explain how he had asked Diana out before they came into Triumphant University. However, she simply refused to go out with him even though she admitted that she liked him and that was why he was mean to her. He concluded by saying that now he knew why she didn’t agree, it was because she had known that she was going to leave soon and didn’t want to hurt his feelings.
After he was done, he handed over the piece of paper he held in his hands to me. It was a letter he wrote to Diana after her death.
Dear Diana,
I’m sorry I never took time to understand what you were going through before you died. I’m sorry I made your life miserable despite the fact that it was short. I’m sorry I never gave you a chance to be happy and ruined every sign of happiness that I could tamper with.

Dear Diana, please forgive me. 


Written By: Olugbeje Temitope
Website: www.AsToldBytope.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'll like to know what you think

Iweanya Victor is an Entrepreneur and a Blogger
Contact Him on: 758E55A3

 
;