Tuesday 5 March 2013

THREE THINGS I LEARNT FROM MY FIRST VIDEO SHOOT

The idea for 9ine with Iweanya Victor came in a very funny way and also was executed in a funny way. Below are what I experienced/learnt in that awesome venture


1. TRY TO BE MORE IN A HASTE THAN IN A RUSH
I might be sounding poetic but this is very true. The video was shot and produced in 4 days. During the planning phase, I said this video must be shot on the 25th and must be released on the 28th of February and lo and behold it came to pass. Haste is taking precalculated steps realizing that you don't have much time, while hurrying/rushing is taking abnormal uncalculated steps just to wrap up with something.

2. WHEN YOU FAIL TRY TRY AGAIN
It's awesome to note that the video was actually shot twice. The first video shoot lasted for about 9 hours and by the time I went back to my Dorm Room(feeling like zuckerberg and gates) and watched the videos I realized that it was a highly flopped enterprise. Everything that could ever go wrong went wrong. I wanted to manage it like that considering the expenses and the fact that it was a first time but two awesome friends of mine, specifically Chukwurah Fluorish and Ubanyi David told me to shoot the video again. After so much brooding I decided to shoot the video again and this time it took just 2 hours to shoot and it came out almost as I envisioned it. I learnt so much from the failed video shoot. Notice I said when you fail because if you've never failed then you've never attempted something new to you.

3. THE POWER OF PEOPLE
90% of the success of the video shoot can be accrued to the people who worked with me in executing this project. From the person I shared the idea with; to the person that edited the script; to the person that shot the video; to the person that edited the video; to the people who sponsored the project, the list could go on and on. If you ever want to climb the ladder in life, you have to move with people. You have to appreciate people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'll like to know what you think

Iweanya Victor is an Entrepreneur and a Blogger
Contact Him on: 758E55A3

 
;